Have you noticed that superfoods are being mentioned more and more frequently, but you still don't know what they are. Do you imagine they have super powers or magical properties that work miracles? The truth is that superfoods are natural foods that stand out for their high nutritional potential, and their high concentration of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and healthy fats. They are a natural probiotic and you can consume them without the need to cook or process them.
Their frequent consumption will strengthen your immune system, give you energy and help you feel better. They can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, and lower cholesterol. They also stand out for their anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial qualities.
The top ten superfoods that we invite you to include in your daily diet que te invitamos a incluir en tu dieta diaria
- Chia Seeds: They have a high content of omega 3, calcium, protein and fiber, ideal for those who don’t consume fish. They are perfect for enriching your salads, desserts and yogurts.
- Quinoa: These seeds are perfect for diabetics and celiacs, due to their low glycemic index and lack of gluten. They are rich in protein, iron, phosphorus and calcium, and they contain more fiber and protein than legumes. They help your digestion and intestinal transit, prevent diseases and their consumption is suitable for pregnant women and children.
- Acai Berry: This is an excellent source of antioxidants. It is rejuvenating, suitable for any age, and is a natural detoxifier that helps your digestion and cleanses the colon. Its nutritional properties protect cells. It contains omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B, C and E, calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc. It also contains carbohydrates, fiber and vegetable protein. It is an ally if you want to lose weight. You can recognize it by its exotic purple color.
- ReishiThe ‘fungus of longevity’ is rich in vegetable proteins, essential amino acids, unsaturated acids, natural alkaloids, vitamins, minerals and abundant polysaccharides. It helps your body overcome mental and physical tiredness, and enhances your defenses. It is a great tissue regenerator, and its antioxidants neutralize free radicals, UV rays, X-rays and oxidizing chemicals, making it the perfect ally to prevent premature aging and brighten your skin.
- Garlic: It is considered a heart-healthy food. It helps reduce cholesterol and strengthen your immune system, and protects you from colds or flu. It has very high antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It is a powerful antioxidant that fights inflammation in the body, and balances blood pressure, preventing arteriosclerosis. In addition, its consumption decreases hair loss. It is a phenomenal ingredient that you can incorporate into your recipes to give them more flavor.
- Blueberries: They have high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities. They contain many vitamins, are low in fat, help strengthen collagen and rejuvenate those who consume them. They can be consumed naturally, in juices or in salads.
- Goji Berries: They are one of the foods most complete in nutrients. They have a wide range of phytonutrients, antioxidants and vitamins that improve health and longevity, as well as 19 amino acids, including the essential ones. They contain calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, selenium and vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2, B6, C and E. They also contain carotenoids, including β-carotene, lutein, lycopene, xanthophyll, essential fatty acids and linoleic acid, which reduce appetite, accelerate the fat burning process and increase energy levels. They are ideal for losing weight and supporting the proper functioning of the liver and kidneys.
- Amaranth: It has more protein than most cereals, such as wheat and rice, which is why it is considered an excellent source of protein. It contains the eight essential amino acids and its leaves have been used to regulate cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Kale: Kale contains minerals, iron and calcium, and vitamins A, C, K and B6, which reduce the appearance of cancer cells. It also has anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular properties, high antioxidant potential and helps prevent snacking between meals, as it makes you feel satisfied.
- Nuts: They are rich in fibers and healthy fats essential for the body, such as oleic acid and omega 3. They have a high energy value, as well as minerals, phosphorus, calcium and potassium, which prevent coronary diseases. They should be eaten in small portions of between five and seven seeds a day.
The list goes on, but we wanted to mention just a few of the main ones in this top ten of the superfoods that will add more nutrients to your daily diet. Also remember to include an exercise routine and a balanced diet alongside these delicious superfoods. If you liked this article, share it with your friends.
Para conocer aún más te invitamos a revisar nuestro blog.