What is a carbon footprint?
A carbon footprint is an environmental measurement parameter, which reflects the carbon dioxide emissions that a human being can generate through their daily activities. A company’s carbon footprint is all the greenhouse gases that are released as a result of its activities.
There are certain actions that greatly harm the environment that we often do not take seriously, for example, leaving your cell phone charger connected, tumble drying your clothes instead of hanging them to dry naturally, using forms of transport that burn fuels, especially if they are not kept well maintained, using too much plastic, especially single-use plastics, leaving the water tap running, to name just a few.
If we were to avoid basic things like these, we could achieve a great improvement in the environment. Actions like riding a bicycle more frequently, consuming less plastic, improving planning when making purchases (food), making electric cars widely available, turning off electrical appliances when not in use are just some of the things that would be of great help.
It takes time, but we all need to be aware of the impact of our actions and try to find ways to reduce it. One great tip is to put the triple R: "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle" into practice whenever you can..
Some tips to reduce your Carbon Footprint:
- Promote teleworking to reduce the need to use public and private transport. This will reduce both the consumption of fossil fuels and the emission of gases.
- Teleworking also leads to a reduction in waste, such as plastic cups, disposable cutlery and other things that are often used in daily office life.
- Businesses that allow employees to telework also benefit from reduced production costs, greater digitalization and, eliminating the need for such items as office ID cards.
- It is well worth introducing an ecofriendly culture within companies.
- Recognize insights in the market.
- Each area of the business must contribute towards caring for the environment from its own space.
- One great example is our amiPOS app for businesses, which enables them to reduce the cost of paper and other expenses associated with these processes.
Moving to an eco-friendly culture takes time, but it needs to be given a kick start. Don't put off to tomorrow what you can do today but make a start right now on reducing your carbon footprint in order to improve your lifestyle, that of your family and the whole world. In this way, the environment will improve in the shortest possible time.
Para conocer aún más te invitamos a revisar nuestro blog.