We know that in order to have healthy habits we must implement an accompanying diet, but to avoid accelerating the inevitable aging that we all have to go through, it is necessary to include the very famous antioxidant foods that protect us from free radicals, because they are responsible for premature aging of cells.
As the years go by, the body gradually loses strength, vitality and energy, changes that are unavoidable because they occur due to age. In people who live with high levels of stress these symptoms of aging are advanced.
However, foods rich in antioxidants, such as those mentioned below, help counteract the effects of aging and give health to your life.
Top Five of the best antioxidant foods
There are many, but we have chosen five super-rich foods for you to include in your daily meals:
- Garlic. Garlic is a food that is not liked by many people because of its peculiar flavor, but its properties help the body, because it has alin and quercetin, which are anti-inflammatory substances that can reduce cholesterol. The ideal is to eat it raw, because its effects will be better.
Its antioxidant levels allow to protect and regenerate the skin, it also stimulates cell renewal and fights acne. By eating a clove of garlic on an empty stomach, followed by a glass of pure water, you can have a smooth and younger skin.
- Carrot. Foods that have carotenoids, fat-soluble pigments present in red vegetables such as tomatoes or carrots, have antioxidant properties and reduce the risk of sunburn, which is also a factor in premature aging because it wears down skin cells and reduces free radicals.
Due to its high content of vitamin A and beta-carotene, pigments that belong to the carotenoid group and are involved in immune function and vision, this vegetable helps with vision problems caused by aging, as they protect the retina and prevent the appearance of cataracts.
- Avocado. Because of the vitamin E it possesses, it is recognized as an anti-inflammatory of circulations and heart protector, thus preventing cardiovascular diseases. In addition, due to its contribution of carotenoids and lutein, compounds that work as antioxidants, it strengthens the immune system.
Its natural fat helps to take advantage of the absorption of antioxidants provided by other fruits and vegetables, so it is ideal to add it in salads or vegetable dishes. Because of this ability, it works to prevent aging and the appearance of wrinkles on the skin.
- Green tea. It is known for its properties to reduce fat, detoxify the body and give energy, but it gives much more than that. It has antioxidant properties because it contains chlorophyll, minerals, poniphenols and catechins.
Its function as an antioxidant fights free radicals in the body, keeping the immune system healthy and strong. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties it can be applied directly to the skin in a mask and help with sun damage.
- Oatmeal. It provides numerous antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties due to the avenanthramides it contains. Its consumption helps lower cholesterol, controls sugar and balances the nervous system by vitamin B1, calcium and alkaloids that allow relaxation and prevent mental exhaustion.
With its anti-inflammatory properties it can treat skin irritation or allergies, it works as an exfoliant eliminating dead skin cells, soothes burns, protects it from UV rays and lightens the skin tone. All these results together will result in smooth, youthful and wrinkle-free skin.